Sunday, May 3, 2009

May 1st, 2009 - Tour Day 10 - Huthwaite

Today was May Day and in Oxford there is an early morning tradition where a the choir at Magdalene college goes up into the tower and sings, welcoming the summer. Randall (Randy) Chris and I were the only brave souls to wake up at 5:30am and make our way to the tower. It was quite an experience and I won't go into too much detail. I will post a few photos at a later time. But there was a LARGE crowd and we couldn't even get close to the tower. But we heard the choir and experienced the excitment of the morning. It was fun, although I was exhausted by the end of the day...it was a long day.

We traveled to Stratford-upon-avon, the birthplace of Shakespear and explored the town for a couple of hours. Some students saw Shakepspear's grave, others went shopping. I found and bought a fantastic black suit jacket at a charity shop (Chris has taught me how to shop at Charity shops in the UK and I am hooked!). It was a wonderful morning.

We had a concert in the evening in Huthwaite at All Saints Church. They have an incredible church hall/community centre. Their website is very good - http://www.allsaintshuthwaite.co.uk/

This was the first time that a Providence choir had ever been here, and we all had a wonderful time. I hope to post some comments from the students and well as pictures soon!

I think I will stop at the moment. It is late, and we have a full day of sightseeing tomorrow...maybe st. Andrew's golf course...for those Golf fans! The last few days have been busy WITH LOTS of driving. It has been hard to find time for the blog! We are currently in Tayport, Scotland and will be here for two nights...so I should have time to catch up!

I will catch up more later and add pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment